Monday, September 12, 2011

Digital Sketchbooks

In an effort to expand into the community a little bit, I have spent this week updating an online sketchbook at CGHub.com. This is a great place where I go to be inspired by the work of professionals and students alike. I'm a bit shy to start really commenting on other people's sketchbooks, but eventually, the better I get to know people there, the more we can share critiques and advice.

What I've emphasized this week in my sketching is that a return to the basics can always do you some good. Especially after a drawn out break like the one I just took. Not only is it good practice to warm back up again, but even more importantly is the emphasis on things that I may have missed the last I did a study on the basics, and may not have been practicing in my most recent artwork.

If you're interested, this is a link to my sketchbook.

Also, I don't like posting here without something to show, so this is a page of studies based on the figures within Andrew Loomis' book, "Figure Drawing For All Its Worth."

No comments:

Post a Comment