Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Oil Painting Away!

So, I've been oil painting these past few months. You might ask, my hypothetical reader, "Why haven't I seen any of these oil paintings?" The answer, landscape painting is an ordeal. You have to get to location, if you forgot your stuff you're ruined for the day, their are insects that want to eat your face, freezing cold, high tide sweeping your paintings away and I'm plain inexperienced. However, there is good news, I do have things this week I am proud to show, they are quick and/or in progress but they are showing definite improvements in my ability to paint. So hell yeah!

Here are a few on site paintings:


This next painting started this way today: 


...and ended this way:


More work will be happening on this over the next week but I'm pretty happy with the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment