Friday, April 2, 2010

Rawr! Elf lady scary!

I'm certain that I meant to post something earlier than this... however, that didn't so much as happen as not happen.

Anyhow! Here's a little work in progress whose progress I'm working on... She's one of a team of four fantasy commandos, who are referred to rather archetypically as The Veteran, The Juggernaut, The Scout and The Warmage. Obviously, she's one hell of a The Juggernaut.

This character, while not being part of the world I'm creating (explicitly) would fit in well with the elves of that world. For one, she has horns like those elves, yet more importantly she embodies something other than the idea of elves as our merry little tree friends. Still, my idea of what an elf looks like I'm sure varies immensely from the squat misshapen goblins (elf itself was interchangeable with dwarf and gnome) imagined by our proto-Germanic ancestors, but that is Tolkien's legacy on modern fantasy.

Anyhow, enjoy my Elvish Savage. Deadly. Inhuman. Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment