Thursday, October 28, 2010

Little Better'n Celtic Women

The Morrigan project is coming along surely but slowly, I am still in need of much practice on rendering things out so that I can get more or less consistently good results every time. Then, because good is never actually good enough I'll practice some more until I achieve mastery.

Y'know what though, I've been painting now, and inconsistently at that for about 14 months so I should be damn happy about being where I am because I'm still a beginner. It's crazy to think as an artist I would've never thought I'd ever consider myself a painter. But hey, that's what I've been doing. Most of my work this semester has been either oil or digital painting, drawing has become just a part of the process for the final piece.

Anyhow, I'm not just going to blather on about being a painter, because this blog isn't about what I have to say, it's about what I paint and draw. So here is a portrait study of Olga Kurylenko as Etain in the UK movie, Centurion... a movie I've never seen but she's a sexy celtic lady who murders Romans, what more do you need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment