Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Work Hard... Or Imma Punch Ya

At least I'm pretty sure that's what the advice of this poster is.

Our assignment was to create a poster that will give advice to the wee freshmen this year. Personally I don't think they'll heed it because doing the hard work to become a better artist is the one thing these kids seems to fear the most... anyway. Oh how I could go on a tangent.

I'm really happy with the progress this shows in my ability to paint digitally. Unfortunately not super happy about the piece... so much I could improve now but that will be a constant battle.

This seems silly, but I spent a lot of time picking out these colors from movie posters (faux et vrai), and random artwork with colors I like. It was a little mini-assignment for Illo because our professor is getting frustrated that our class doesn't think about this sort of thing. We need professors to kick our asses more.

No comments:

Post a Comment